Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Lot's of thoughts...many meanderings....

  Well, here we go, the very first post. Just because I have not posted does not mean I do not have anything to say....in fact, quite the opposite is true. There are so many different post subjects swimming around in my head it is hard to settle down and write just one.
  So, on our trip to Milwaukee this weekend, I had time (about 6 hours in fact) to write script posts in my head....and settled on this...

   Growing up, my Grandpa Davis had a fruit farm. We were blessed to eat fresh apples, peaches, pears, cherries, plums and various berries throughout my childhood. As I was a self-serving child, I really didn't take much interest in exactly how this was an opportunity that many many other families did not enjoy, or even understand. Fresh fruit. Fresh...off the tree...deliciousness. To my distress, I didn't understand this blessing in my life until...the day I realized I never bought peaches from Kroger. Nope, never. Some of you right now are nodding your head in agreement....YES! hmmm...why? easy answer...they are rock hard. Why? They must be picked before they are ripe to be transported to the stores... Ugh. Travesty.
  For a period of time (I don't know how long), my grandfather sold cherries to Thank You brand to be used in pie filling. I would be curious to know if he shipped them before they were completely ripe, or if at the peak of freshness and flavor they were crated and sent to the factory.
  The reason I am curious, is because I recently had the opportunity to visit the Young Living Farm in Mona, Utah. There were huge Lavender and Clary Sage fields there, along with, what I would refer to as 'teaching fields.' A Distillery was on site. At the time of our tour, Juniper shavings were being distilled. One of the things that most intrigues me about Young Living, is that although their oils are in such high demand, they only harvest and distill the plants when they are at the PEAK of freshness, and perfectly ripe. Recently, a whole harvest was sold and not processed because the plants were harvested too early.
  There are 10 company farms that Young Living owns, and several that are considered Partner Farms. This assures perfect quality every time.
   No under-ripe peaches here.....thank you Young Living!

No comments:

Post a Comment